Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hot September Nights


We haven't had record heat, but man, has it been hot! Unfortunately, being near the ocean, we don't have A/C, the thinking being that it's usually 10 degrees cooler near the beach than inland. Well, that doesn't really help when it's 90 outside and 92 in the house! So the Flynn family has started a new tradition.


It's way too hot to hang out in the house, so we have resorted to hanging out on the patio. At least we get a breeze blowing by. In addition to having dinner on the patio, the past few nights has included card games. Tuesday night my son taught me a new card game "13" - couldn't tell you how it goes, I'm still a little confused - but I did okay. Last night my hubby and I played his all time favorite game Cribbage. It was a lot of fun, and thankfully I didn't get skunked!

I have to admit, this new tradition ALMOST makes the heat bearable.

Do you have any new found traditions?
Photo credit: Dar's Photo Madness

1 comment:

Melita said...

i feel ya when it comes to the heat. while my boyfriend loves it, it makes me a bit, well, cranky lol. i hope the heat breaks for you soon dear!