So sorry I have been “missing in action” the past several weeks. It’s not that I haven’t been up to much; I just lacked the inspiration to post. Thank you to those who sent encouraging notes, you made me feel loved!
I had a fabulous time with my BFF Deborah at the Natural Products Expo West two weeks ago at the Anaheim Convention Center. We always have a great time exploring all the new products out there, and of course we had to check out the food section where there are always plenty of samples to try out. Our focus was Natural health and beauty products, and I was surprised that this section of the convention was half of what it was last year. Our great economy strikes again.
We sat in on an interesting lecture on Amazon Botanicals given by Chris Kilham-Medicine Hunter. One botanical that I was really excited about was Cat’s Claw (Uncaria Tomentosa) which is thought to be one of the greatest of Amazon medicines. It’s anti-inflammatory, immune enhancing, tumor-inhibitor and is used for pain, asthma, allergies, ulcers, inflammatory disorders, arthritis, rheumatism, tumors and as a cleanser. Having a sister with both fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis, I can really see the potential for this plant. It comes as a capsule, tea or extracts. Chris Kilham was VERY passionate about sustainable and responsible extraction of botanicals and helping the indigenous people, I was truly inspired!
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
I received the following in an email from a dear friend and thought I'd share it with you.
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants...
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2009.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12 Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does. 1
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree....
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29.. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up..
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Photo Credit: Harry
Monday, January 4, 2010
"When flowing water...meets with obstacles on its path, a blockage in its journey, it pauses. It increases in volume and strength, filling up in front of the obstacle and eventually spilling past it..." ~ from the I Ching
photo credit: smantrom