It's hard to believe that my husband and I have reached this milestone, but yes, in fact, today we are celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary! Hard to believe in so many ways!
1) It seems that we are too young to be old enough to have a 20th anniversary.
2) The both of us have survived each other with as many times as we would have liked to kill the other (metaphorically speaking, of course!).
3) The divorce rate in the U.S. has the odds stacked against us.
But thankfully we can say that we've been (mostly) happily married for 20 years. Obviously we've had our ups and downs, which I believe has been a blessing and has brought us closer and closer. I think we both can say that we are more in love now than we were on our wedding day, 20 years ago today!
We have been so blessed: 2 wonderful children, incredible family and friends...it's almost scary to imagine what's in store for us in the next 20 years (in a good way...I hope!)
Nina has this fun post, and passed it along to her readers. I thought I'd join in the fun!
1) What books are on your favorite shelf? All of Marilu Henner's books, Hip tranquil chick, all of Mariel Hemingway's books, and all of Ina Garten's books.
2) What DVDs are on your favorite shelf? The Grinch, Kill Bill series, The Wedding Planner, What lies beneath (crazy selection...I know)
3) What are you 2 favorite cookbooks? I can't choose just 2, really! Anything by Ina Garten (she rocks), and Betty Crocker (I have my mom's old one...like from the 1950's-cool huh?)
4) Select one to three recipes you will cook for your special guests? I make a mean lasagna, a delish roasted chicken, or rockin steak!
5) What will we be drinking that's available? Chardonnay, iced tea, or water...
Now list 5 random facts about myself..... 1) I like raw peaches, but cannot stand cooked peaches (like in a pie, ewww, tastes like soap) 2) When I grew up, my merged family was the opposite of the Brady Bunch (my 2 sisters and I were from my dad, my stepmother had 3 sons) 3) I shamelessly talk to my dog, as in carry on a conversation with her...am I nuts? 4) I shamelessly talk to any animal...okay, I am nuts! 5) I have recently taken to making my own pizzas, from the homemade pizza dough on up!
With more and more people falling ill with the swine flu, it makes sense to work on boosting the immune system to help fight off the virus if we unfortunately come in contact with it. The following are some natural and herbal remedies that may help.
Vitamin D Vitamin D has been found to help the immune system to successfully defeat viruses of all kinds.
Elderberry syrup Extract of elderberry (sambucol) has been found to fight the standard strains of influenza. It has been shown to reduce the duration of flues and colds by several days.
Other items that may help fight off those nasty viruses are selenium, Echinacea, goldenseal, zinc, and vitamin C.
A native Michigander now firmly planted in Southern California, Jules enjoys dabbling in arts and nature, ultimately desiring to reacquaint herself with her inner child. An Office Administrator by day, and a frantic and frazzled wife and mother by day, evening and everything in between (Loving every minute of it!). Jules varied interests are shared (not equally) in reading, gardening, TV time with family, natural health thru diet and natural products, and a desire to be creative in all that she does. She's off on a journey to connect with her “mini me”(her inner child).