Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Essential Oils to support Immunity this fall


Fall is almost here and along with that and school starting up, cold and flu season will be upon us full force. With that in mind, there is a natural way to bolster you immune system that is quick and easy and, by jolly, smells good to boot.

Essential Oils of cinnamon, clove bud and eucalyptus are a great combination to help your body naturally support your immune system to ward off those nasty bugs.

* Cinnamon has a warm aroma and has antibacterial, antiviral and respiratory support properties.
* Clove Bud has a rich, spicy aroma with antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
* Eucalyptus has an invigorating and fresh aroma with respiratory support and anti-inflammatory properties as well.

Suggested use:*
Bath: *It is always recommended to do a skin patch test before use to ensure there is no sensitivity issues with each of the oils to be used on the skin.
Cinnamon essential oil: 1-2 drops into the bath or carrier oil
Clove essential oil: 1 drop into the bath
Eucalyptus essential oil: 1-2 drops into the bath.

Diffuser/Nebulizer: same ratio of essential oils.

Information gathered from Apothecary Shoppe.


Photo credit: fotostreem

5 comments:

Melita said...

ah jules, my little apothecary ;) thank you for sharing this with us. definitely some useful advice. there is a local herbalist that takes on apprentices from time to time and if get the time & money i plan on doing it! i want to concoct my own massage oils & lotions :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for this info. I can just smell them now. mmmmm.

Pink Heels said...

I LOVE, I mean L-O-V-E, taking a bath with essential oils in it. I stopped buying bubble bath years ago when I discovered how much I prefer the intensity and natural component of using oil. I also love creating combinations.

Sahildeki Ev said...

These are very useful information..I should keep them in mind.

Globetrotting Cacti said...

Thanks for sharing. I LOVE eucalyptus (not share if I spelt it right - sorry!). Reminds me of my trips to Australia.