Thursday, April 23, 2009

Gardening Part Deux

Well, my friends....based on my previous post, it is safe to assume that I did not get out into the garden this past weekend. I think I would have melted in 10 minutes! So, that will be my plan for this coming weekend, the forecast is much more suitable for gardening!

Speaking of gardening, I received this great and informative email from a reader and thought that you'd like to look into it as well. Being an avid lover of Campbell soup (but for some strange reason, not tomato soup? Love tomatoes, ketchup, spaghetti sauce, etc....but not soup?!?!? Go figure.) I was surprised to read the following, and plan on taking them up on their offer!

"For the first time in its more-than-100-year history, Campbell Soup Company is making available to the American public specially cultivated seeds used to grow tomatoes for its iconic Campbell’s® Tomato soup. The effort is part of Campbell’s goal to grow more than one billion tomatoes across the country and to support American agriculture. Campbell also is teaming up with the National FFA Organization and Urban Farming Inc., each of which will use the special seeds to help create five community gardens in urban communities.
To learn more about this please to go http://akamediainc.com/SMNR/tomatoseed.html
Here you can learn more about the history of Campbell's famous tomato soup, Campbell's community garden initiatives, and how gardening guru Danny Seo is helping the cause. "

Let's start planting! :)

No comments: