Friday, June 12, 2009

Good Morning Miss Cranky Pants

Thought I’d confess my crankiness from this morning, being that I’m not normally cranky.

Dear husband gets up at O’dark thirty to let our Chloe dog out to go pee. Not able to go back to bed, he decides to be productive = hair up his butt, annoying beyond all get out! He first decides to wash the dishes (what a love) and makes as much racket as he can muster. This takes a good 20+ minutes because of course the dishes from dinner last night were still in the sink. Then he decides to open the automatic garage door….nope, close the garage door. Ah, fresh coffee, out comes the coffee grinder. GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Oh, the sink is a little clogged, on goes the garbage disposal. (can’t think of what sound that would make, but you get my drift). At this point I’m at the bedroom door, yelling “There is no possible way for you to make any more noise, is there?” This gets a feeble “sorry” from him.

On to more dishes… Argh. He then decides he needs a shower because he’s been “working” so proceeds to hop in the shower right when my alarm goes off for me to get in the shower. I was seeing RED! This is WAR! So Miss Cranky Pants marches into the bathroom declaring that this is MY Shower time. His response “Go to the bathroom, I’ll be out before your done.” Okay, that’s probably true. So I obliged, and sure enough he was out in a jiffy. Still feeling justified by my rudely awakened slumber I mumbled and frickafrashed and why-I-outta’d and stumbled myself into the shower.

Meanwhile, poor hubby felt badly and decided to make us breakfast. We had bacon (yum!) country potatoes and scrambled eggs. Awww! I was softening already. Then the cherry on top…he offered to make my lunch, chicken salad in a pita. I am currently enjoying said pita on my lunch break and thinking how glad I married this guy almost 20 years ago, with or without his quirkiness. Hey, we all have our quirky moments.

6 comments:

Pink Heels said...

HILARIOUS! Of course, not for you but this is hilarious because I can completely and totally relate!

Melita said...

i also can relate. sometimes i just get down right pissy. but seriously though, i can't see you frickafrash-ing and why-I-outta-ing but i LOVE those descriptions!! you crack me up!! have a great weekend.

Naturally Jules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Globetrotting Cacti said...

I can relate too (but I am normally the one up early making all the noise - I am such an early bird whilst my hubbie is more alert in the evening). All good fun though (and you got some yummy food from the incident too!).

Erica Herbert said...

i so relate to miss cranky pants!!! ur lucky to have such a sweet hubby!
"gO CONFIDENTLY IN THE DIRECTION OF YOUR DREAM! LIFE THE LIFE YOU'VE IMAGINED!" ~ thoreau
peace.LOVE.&cupcakes!
e.

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

LOL I'm sorry. I'm sure he didn't mean to make such a ruckus but yeah, totally understand.

Mine would mow the lawn right after I put my kids (when babies) to nap. sigh Men. No common sense. ;)