Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Getting Yoga


Last night I FINALLY pulled out my dusty old yoga mat, found my yoga dvd's in my bursting bookshelves and got my yoga on.

It was so lovely! I don't think I've ever had that type of experience before. It was exhilarating/challenging, but yet sooo relaxing. I did the whole tape, and enjoyed it immensely. Sean Corn is such a great instructor, but I still don't know how to breath thru your kidneys (I thought your lungs did that?!?!?) Anyways, I was curious if you practice at home, and if so, what instructor/DVD do you practice with? I do have Kimberly Wilson's CD but I need the visual of someone to follow.

Photo credit: Opus104

6 comments:

Miracle said...

Great job!! I really need to take a cue from you because my yoga practice is severely suffering these days. Thanks for stopping by to say hi today, it made me smile! !

Globetrotting Cacti said...

Good for you! It feels so good to get your body moving doesn't it. At home I use Geri Halliwells yoga DVD (ex spice girl!). I do enjoy it but she talks ALL the way through it which I know some people would find annoying.

Naturally Jules said...

I haven't even see Geri's DVD, but I know she looks excellent! I'll have to have a look about. Thanks for the suggestion!

Lynne from NY said...

I've been visiting your blog and decided to say hi! Love, love, love California, you're a lucky girl.

I don't have any DVD recommendations but when I'm pressed for time and want to get my yoga on, Kimberly has a great sequence in her July 6, 2008 podcast. It's a half hour and sometimes I add her YouTube Pigeon and 6 Movements of the Spine videos. Feel terrific in less than an hour!

Maybe Kimberly can a DVD to her list, she needs more to do ;)

Naturally Jules said...

Lynne - thanks for stopping by! I did Kimberly's CD last night, it was such a better flow than the Sean Corn DVD. I did have to laugh about Kimberly doing a DVD w/all her free time - just reading what all she's up to exhausts me! :)

Pink Heels said...

I have the perfect resource for you. There is a group of fabulous yoginis out west that post new yoga classes online that are FREE to access! They are absolutely FABULOUS!!! You will never buy another DVD or cd again!

Let me know what you think!