Thursday, January 8, 2009

Getting Creative in 2009

Well, I'm still swirling in my mind as to what I want to accomplish in 2009. I've always been resistant to yearly resolutions because I see the failure and not the accomplishments. But I'm slowly seeing the cup 1/2 full when it comes to resolutions, and the "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again" mentality. Yay me! So hopefully this weekend I'll have a few moments of self reflection and inspiration to write down what I want for this new year.

In the meantime, I found this great blogging book group that will be reading "The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women" by Gail McMeekin (thanks to Jennifer at Pink Heels). I had read this in the summer with the Online Creativity Circle thru Hiptranquilchick and really wanted to dive back into it. There are soooo many wonderfully inspirational stories, exercises that it really is worth a re-read. So here's the plan....Every week I'll be reading a chapter and posting here my thoughts of that chapter and the results of the exercises. Should be fun!

If you're interested - please come and join here!

No comments: